This week in the Garden 8/5/13

Most of you can tell I’ve been slacking a bit here on my blog!  It’s for a very good reason though! I promise!!!  I am hosting a Ladies Luncheon/Auction at my home this upcoming Sunday in honor of my dear friend Ashley Trenner.  Ashley made this statement in her last King 5 interview ~

“If there's one person's life that I can affect, then that's a beautiful gift that I could give to somebody..”  – Ashley Richards Trenner (1972-2013)

So continuing to share her message, I’ve invited 50 guests, and embraced a lot of help to do so! This will be a beautiful event in Ashley’s honor ~ I cannot wait to share with you next week how everything comes together!  Here is this weeks garden photo’s ~ Enjoy!

IMG_5475IMG_5497IMG_5501IMG_5491IMG_5479IMG_5489IMG_5477IMG_5493IMG_5498IMG_5515IMG_5503IMG_5486IMG_5509IMG_5504IMG_5514IMG_5528IMG_5520IMG_5529IMG_5532IMG_5481IMG_5517IMG_5484

One question though – anyone know what this is? I planted a few of these, but can’t remember what they are?

IMG_5492

Hope to see you at this weeks Cottage Garden Party!  Link is on my side bar!  Please click here to sign the petition (link below) to ban minors from using tanning beds! To see where else I am linking to this week – please check my “Cottage Links” label…xoxo, tracie

PS – Follow Fishtail Cottage on Facebook / Pinterest

Comments

Bernideen said…
I hope this is wonderful and the celebration of her life brings peace to everyone! Your garden is lovely!
Your beautiful home and gardens will be an amazing backdrop for the event you're hosting Tracie. I think Ashely's message will hit home with everyone.
Judith
Your garden is full of the most outstanding color! It is beautiful! And your garden gate is just perfect!!!
Mindy said…
Looks like a hot poker, but I've never grown them, so dont' know if they start out white like that. Time will tell! I do that all the time.

Looking forward to photos of your get-together.
RaeAbigael said…
such a lovely garden! i'd definitely enjoy spending my time in there! :)

xoxo,
rae
http://raellarina.blogspot.com/
NanaDiana said…
Wow-Beautiful as always at your house, Tracie. Hope your function goes great and that you don't get too stressed. Blessings- xo Diana
Truly a lovely tribute, honor and celebration of her life. Your home and garden are stunning. Thinking of you-
Jemma
Sylvia said…
Your garden is beautiful and is a wonderful place to honor Ashely!
Kylee Baumle said…
I'm pretty sure your mystery plant is Kniphofia, also known as red hot poker plant. It seems a little late for it to be blooming, but the foliage and the bud sure looks like it!
Tammy N said…
Your garden couldn't be prettier. Your photos show it so well. Thanks for hosting this garden party.
Hi Tracie,
Such a beautiful garden!
Blessings,
~Wendy
MT Blog said…
Your dear friend's story left an impact on me. I have shared it with others! And your garden is lovely. Your gate is very charming! Thank you for hosting a party. Is there anything I need to do that I haven't in order to join in?

Popular Posts